- Fee: 1050 €
- Total colume: 21 ECTS
- Duration: 30.08.2021-28.08.2022
- Venue: Vanemuise 46, Tartu; online participation
- Language of Instruction: English
The micro-degree programme is designed to provide GIS professionals already engaged in GIS related jobs and/or those who have background in a geographic discipline or IT, an update on applied and technology-specific methods and skills in geoinformation systems. The graduates of the programme will get the methodological and technical expertise to develop geoinformation systems as well as apply geospatial concepts in spatial planning and environmental management. The programme meets the increasing need for geospatial professionals in various sectors.
Registration deadline: 25th of August 2021
1) GIS specialists and officials with previous geography or earth and environmental sciences background who design and manage spatial databases and perform spatial analyses, or wish to learn how to automate geospatial analysis and data processing tasks via scripting
2) specialists with IT background who are developing or managing geoinformation systems across sectors, and who wish to improve their knowledge in spatial databases, spatial data infrastructures and spatial analysis methods.
Time Schedule: The programme courses can be taken during 1 year. Autumn and spring semester have an even distribution of the work-load.
Way of learning: The courses generally take place weekly on Thursdays and Fridays throughout the semester, in parallel in the web and in the classroom. All course materials are provided in our Moodle learning environment and all lectures and lab sessions are recorded. This makes it possible to watch the materials at suitable times and to perform the lab sessions in your own pace.
- Manage and analyse spatial data using desktop GIS and Python and/or R
- Design and manage spatial databases with PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Automate geospatial processing workflows
- Create maps and 3D models to communicate spatial information in a meaningful way to others
- Understand and manage web-based geospatial data sharing platforms (SDIs)
- know about and employ spatial data standards effectively.
List of subjets
|LTOM.02.042||3D Modelling and Analysis||6||
|LTOM.02.041 *||Geospatial Analysis with Python and R||6||
|LTOM.02.043||Spatial Data Infrastructures||3||
|LTOM.02.053 *||Spatial Data Analysis||6||
* The choice depends on the target group (look above). The target group 1 course LTOM.02.041 and target group 2 course LTOM.02.053