Motivation Letter for Geoinformatics for Urbanised Society
The motivation letter (in English, maximum of 4600 characters with spaces) should be based on the following points:
- Describe what field-related skills and knowledge you have acquired through previous education and working experience (if applicable) and how these match or are relevant to the content of this master´s programme.
- Analyse how the master's programme in Geoinformatics for Urbanised Society can contribute to your personal development.
- Describe your current ideas about a research topic you would like to focus on during your master's studies.*
* Research topic described in the motivation letter is not binding and may change during your studies
In the evaluation of motivation letter, the following criteria will be considered:
- Compatibility of interests and the issues raised in the motivation letter with the goals of the master’s programme (50 %)
- Analytical and argumentation skills (30%)
- Self-expression skills and fluency of written English (20%).
The maximum score for motivation letter is 100 points and the result is positive only if the applicant gains 51 points or more. Only those applicants who score 66 points or higher (out of 100) as a combined score from both the motivation letter and GPA will be considered for admission.